question.jpgIn Federal Income Tax

How do I claim and report deductible travel and entertainment expenses?

If you are planning to deduct travel and entertainment expenses, you have to itemize your deductions and use Form 1040 (so you cannot use Form 1040A or Form 1040EZ). You generally use Form 2106 to report unreimbursed transportation and travel expenses, and then include those expenses on Schedule A. You also use Schedule A for reporting your other miscellaneous expenses.