question.jpgIn Federal Income Tax

Can I offset my capital gains with capital losses?

Absolutely. Capital losses are fully deductible against Capital gains on Schedule D; if losses exceed gains, you may deduct the excess from up to $3,000 in ordinary income. If you have more than $3,000 in net losses, you can carry it over into successive years.