question.jpgIn Trusts and Estates

How can a court modify a trust?

Any beneficiary or trustee to a trust can go to court and request that the court modify the terms or provisions of a trust. If the court believes that the requested modification fits with the intent of the trust’s creator (the settlor), the court may grant the request, either via cy pres or by creating a deviation.