question.jpgIn Trademarks

How do I file a trademark application?

Once you have completed your trademark application, you must file it with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (commonly referred to as the PTO). If you obtained a hard copy of the application form from the PTO, you can file the application by following the included instructions and mailing the application and appropriate fees back to the PTO. You can also complete a federal trademark application online using the PTO’s Trademark Electronic Application System (TEAS).┬áTEAS allows you to fill out the application and submit it online, and to arrange for the payment of the necessary application fees. Finally, you can have a trademark attorney help in preparing your federal trademark application, and the attorney can then file the application and handle any ongoing matters that arise from the application.