question.jpgIn HR/Employment Law

How should I report sexual harassment?

If you have spoken to your harasser, and your supervisor or sexual harassment point person, and feel that their response was inadequate, you should file a claim of sexual harassment with the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission (EEOC) at the office nearest to your workplace. It is the EEOCs responsibility to file lawsuits against employers on behalf of sexual harassed employees. The EEOC will conduct a full investigation to find out what type of harassment has been committed, how frequently it occurs, the severity of the abuse, and how many people are involved. In addition, you can often file other claims in addition to sexual harassment, such as intentional infliction of emotional distress.