question.jpgIn HR/Employment Law

How do I file a claim?

Because the Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division is charged with handling FLSA complaints, its plate is necessarily quite full. Therefore, you should seek alternatives before filing the complaint, such as speaking with the person in your company in charge of personnel. If that fails to work, you should hire an attorney, who can then file a claim against your employer with the Department of Labor. Once the file is claimed, the DOL will investigate and then send a report to your employer. If the report states there was a wage violation, your employer must reinstate those back wages or face a lawsuit.