question.jpgIn HR/Employment Law

How can I report a Safety Violation?

If you feel that your employers has a safety violation, you should report it to OSHA immediately; these days you can even make the report online, or fax, mail, or call your local OSHA office. Before filing a complaint with OSHA, however, it is recommended that you take up the issue with a supervisor first; if that fails, however, you can request OSHA to do a workplace inspection to determine if a violation has occurred. If so, OSHA will give your employer a short period of time (usually five days) to respond with a corrective action plan - or the employer will face penalties. To file a complaint, you do not have to be aware of OSHA regulations; a good faith belief that a safety violation occurred is all you need before filing a complaint.