question.jpgIn Federal Income Tax

Which tax form should I use to file my taxes?

The choice of tax form is important to which tax credits you can take. If you do not need to take any tax credits, however, the 1040 EZ is probably your best bet. However, most people generally use the 1040A, which allows for certain tax credits and it is one of the easier forms to fill out. However, if you make a large amount of income and/or you need to itemize your deductions, you should use the regular 1040 form. Again, these are just general guidelines; for a more accurate assessment of which form better suits your needs, consult a tax professional or use one of the popular tax return software programs online.