question.jpgIn Federal Income Tax

Which filing status should I use?

The filing status you choose will determine the tax rates that are applied to you, and determines the standard deduction if you choose not to itemize. If you are married at the end of the year, you can file either jointly or separately, though jointly generally offers the best tax rates. If you are unmarried, you should file as a single person, unless you qualify as a head of household or as a qualifying widow.