question.jpgIn Federal Income Tax

My child received interest income. Where do I report it?

If you child is under 14 years old, you may report the interest income on your tax form, if the child’s gross income is less than $8,000 and if the child had no federal income tax withholding. In this case, the child need not file a separate return.