question.jpgIn Federal Income Tax

I was unemployed for part of the year. Is unemployment compensation taxable?

Yes. You should receive a Form 1099-G showing the total amount of unemployment compensation you received; be warned that taxes are not withheld from unemployment compensation, so you should prepare to pay taxes on it when you file your return.