question.jpgIn Federal Income Tax

How do I report property and investment income?

The sale of property is considered a capital gain. Long term and short term capital gains are taxed differently, and the sale of a principal residence is taxed differently than the sale of a second house or investment property. For more detailed and specific information on the sale of property and investments, please see the individual entries in the QuizLaw navigation to the left.