question.jpgIn Federal Income Tax

How do I report dividends and interest income?

All payers of interest income are required to send you a Form-1099 INT, giving you the amount of interest income you need to enter on your tax return. If your Form-1099 INT is overstated, subtract the amount of overstatement and report the corrected amount on your tax return.