question.jpgIn Federal Income Tax

Are my tips taxable?

Yes. Tips are taxable. You should report your tips to your employer so your employer can withhold Social Security and Medicare taxes, as well as federal incomes taxes, from your earnings. If you fail to report it to your employer, you are still required to report the earnings on your income tax return.