question.jpgIn Divorce Law

Can I modify my child support?

Yes. Courts will often modify a child support order of the circumstances change substantially, for instance if the non-custodial parent’s income increases substantially or even if the financial situation of the custodial parent changes circumstances. Likewise, if there is more than one child, and one child reaches the age of majority, child support orders can be decreased. However, child support orders will not be applied retroactively to increase past support orders.