question.jpgIn Divorce Law

Can I change my property settlement?

Unfortunately, once a divorce is granted and the property divisions are established, the terms are permanent, whether the division was made by mutual agreement or judicial decree. Property settlements usually can only be modified in the case of fraud or mistake; if one spouse conceals property or income, a court can nullify a divorce judgment. Likewise, if huge mistakes are made regarding the value of property, a court might also consider nullifying its decision to take into account the new values.