question.jpgIn Criminal Law

If I waive my Miranda rights, can I change my mind?

Absolutely. If you waive your right to remain silent and/or have a lawyer present, and start answering questions, you can revoke your waiver at any time simply by asking for an attorney. Once you do, even if you have already signed a form waiving Miranda, a police officer is not allowed to continue asking questions.